November 19, 2012

No. 192

"Vintage Flair", 5"x5", oil on gessoboard, ©2012 Heather Hingst Bennett

Last week I think I mentioned that I was a bit disappointed in my paintings. So, it was time to make some changes to the process.

For this painting I first did an initial drawing and then transferred the drawing to my painting surface, which is a gesso panel (I decided to stay with panels for now). By doing this I hoped to get a little more detail in my drawing, but I hope it doesn't make the painting too stiff. I’m really not going for photo realism, just an impression of my subject, but an accurate impression.

What I love about painting with oils is seeing brushstrokes. So, I’m trying to make those more visible.

If you haven’t had a chance to stop by my ebay shop, here’s a painting that is currently available. It’s one of my favorites!

"Liquorice Trio No. 2", 6"x6", oil on hardboard, ©2011 Heather Hingst Bennett

No comments: