March 10, 2013

Walk Away

No. 223, 6"x6"x3/4", oil on cradled wood, ©2013 Heather Hingst Bennett

This was the only painting that was acceptable from a week of failed paintings. Some days I think walking away would be a good thing to do.

Actually, I'm going to be doing just that this week. My son has spring break and I'm going to be spending some time with him. :)

I also signed up for an online illustration class with Paper Fashion's, Katie Rogers. The class is called Illustrating Your Favorite Runway Looks. Oh La La...I always wanted to be a fashion illustrator so, I'm excited about the class. I think it will be a fun change!


At one time I was a technical illustrator for Cabela's. I spent my day creating illustrations of fishing vests (like the one above), waders, puffy down coats...and many, many pockets. Ahhhh....the good old days. Anyway, I'm really excited to illustrate with watercolors and use ♥glitter♥!

No comments: