August 12, 2014

On the Easel : A Maybe

No. 294, 6″ x 6″, oil on gessoboard

It’s good to be back painting still life again! The dress above is a maybe for a wedding I’ll be attending and it’s “a maybe” because I think I could have painted it better. A little rusty with the oil paints, but I knew that would be the case. I’m trying not to dwell on it too much.

Summer went by so fast! I had a great time doing some, but not enough, sketching and improvisational painting.

I’ve been thinking of making some changes to my blog/social media practices. When I work in oils, I usually don’t get a very good photo of my painting until it dries and I scan it so, I think I’m just going to post “on the easel” pics to Instagram. Then when the painting is dry and available for purchase, I’ll post it here.

Also…Wednesdays are going to be “Watercolor Wednesday’s”. I’ve been using watercolors all summer and truly enjoy them. I hope to get much better at them and I’ll be sharing some of my watercolor work on Wednesday’s.

No comments: