June 5, 2010

no. 020 - "gabe's sp"


© 2010 Heather Hingst Bennett
“Gabe's SP”
6″ x 6″
acrylic on gesso board

Today's painting was a struggle. It was a struggle to finish, it was a struggle to paint...it was just hard.

My 7 year old son is out of school and is freaking out because he doesn't have anything to do and we should be doing something because he's on summer break. (And I was painting his SP.) I kindly tried to explain to him that even though he is out of school, his parents still need to work.

AND for me, since I work at home in our living room, I am constantly being interrupted. You can't interrupt an acrylic painting! So, since I'm not a night owl, I'm going to have to try to get up really early and get my "daily painting" done then.

I have also almost decided that I'm going to get a booth at the Milford Fun Days Festival in Milford, NE, the town I grew up in and where my parents still live. SO, if I do that I'm going to be doing a lot more painting than one small painting a day!!

Hope your having a lovely weekend!

No comments: